Michael Nicastro has decades of experience representing thousands of debtors, creditors, panel and sitting trustees in Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 proceedings. He began his career as an accountant and brings his financial education and knowledge into his legal practice. After successfully representing thousands of bankruptcy clients in matters ranging from simple to extremely complex, Mr. Nicastro has established a reputation as a creative thinker, a fierce advocate for his clients and the go-to referral for attorneys who want their friends, family and/or existing clients well represented in work out and bankruptcy matters.
- Orange County Bar Association-Commercial Law & Bankruptcy Section
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys Association
- The Orange County Bankruptcy Forum
Mr. Nicastro has spoken on and contributed to MCLE accredited panels ranging from inception of the attorney client relationship to protecting clients from creditors collection attempts post-discharge for local, state, regional and national bar associations. His presentations include:
- Typical Problems Encountered by Chapter 7 Debtors’ Attorneys; Practitioners’ Strategies for Effective Management of Cases, Orange County Bankruptcy Forum, approved for MCLE credit
- New Regulations Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, Orange County Specialty Lawyers’ Guild, approved for MCLE credit
- Objections to Discharge & Dischargeability, University of California Irvine Paralegal Program, Irvine, California
- Remedies for Violation of the Automatic Stay and Permanent Stay (Section 524), Orange County Bankruptcy Form, approved for MCLE credit
- Chapter 7 Practice under the Bankruptcy Reform Act of 2005, Orange County Specialty Lawyers’ Guild, approved for MCLE credit
- The Bankruptcy Courts’ Response to the Pandemic: Process Innovation in Response to Adversity, American Bar Association, approved for MCLE credit.
- State Bar of California
- 9th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Northern, Southern, Eastern and Central District Courts of California.
Southwestern University School of Law; Los Angeles, CA
University of Toledo; Toledo, OH